[SoC] GSoC 2019 - porting python 2.7.x to 3.x - Week 8 report

Fenil Mehta fenilgmehta at gmail.com
Sun Jul 21 06:13:54 PDT 2019

Hi,

Following is the week 8 report -

# Period
15 July 2019 to 21 July 2019

# Report
### What did I complete this week?
- The "mapscript" library problem was solved by installing it from
"MapServer"
- After discussing with my mentors, we came to the conclusion that the
login page bug was related to the installation procedure.
- The installation steps in the INSTALL.md file are quiet old. Mentors
suggested me to use ansible scripts on a fresh OSGeo Live 12.0.
- I reviewed the ansible scripts and made a couple of local changes.

### What am I going to achieve for next week?
- Setup OSGeo Live 12.0 on virtual machine.
- Build the ZOO-Kernel and link it against Python 3.
- Setup Python service updates.
- Continue with the testing.

### Is there any blocking issue?
- No blocking issue for the time being.