[SoC] GSoC 2019 - porting python 2.7.x to 3.x - Week 3 report

Fenil Mehta fenilgmehta at gmail.com
Sun Jun 16 06:57:00 PDT 2019

Hi,

Following is the week 3 report -

*# Period*

10 June 2019 to 16 June 2019

*### What did I complete this week?*

- I successfully ported the following files to Python 3, indentation has
been changed to spaces and all these files have been reformatted to make
them more readable and understandable:
    * mapmint/mapmint-services/vector-tools-src/cgi-env/vectInfo.py
    * mapmint/mapmint-services/configuration/service.py
    * mapmint/mapmint-services/context/service.py
    * mapmint/mapmint-services/datastores/directories/service.py
    * mapmint/mapmint-services/datastores/postgis/pgConnection.py
    * mapmint/mapmint-services/datastores/postgis/service.py
    * mapmint/mapmint-services/datastores/service.py
    * mapmint/mapmint-services/datastores/wfs/service.py
    * mapmint/mapmint-services/georeferencer/service.py
    * mapmint/mapmint-services/manage-users/manage_users.py
    * mapmint/mapmint-services/manage-users/service_users.py
- I was able to successfully finish with the following files before the
expected timeline:
    * mapmint/mapmint-services/mapfile/service.py
    * mapmint/mapmint-services/mm_access.py
    * mapmint/mapmint-services/mmowssp.py
    * mapmint/mapmint-services/mmsession.py
    * mapmint/mapmint-services/np/service.py

*### What am I going to achieve for next week?*
- I plan to finish with the porting phase, I will port the remaining files
to python 3 using the 2to3 utility.
- Do performance optimizations on the output generated in the above step.

*### Is there any blocking issue?*
- No blocking issue for the time being.

*# Links*

GitHub Repository: https://github.com/fenilgmehta/mapmint