[SoC] GSoC Introduction - Fenil Mehta - Porting MapMint from Python 2 to 3

Fenil Mehta fenilgmehta at gmail.com
Wed May 8 21:28:46 PDT 2019

Hi all,

I am Fenil Mehta from India. I am a Third year Computer Engineering
studying at Pune University.

This is the first time I am participating in Google Summer of Code and I am
very excited to get an opportunity to work with you. I will try my level
best to meet the expectations and finish all the work within deadlines.

My project is "Porting MapMint from Python 2.7.x to Python 3.x" [1]. At
present the MapMint project is running on Python 2.7.x whose support will
soon end in 2020 and MapMint is unable to take advantage of the
improvements in Python 3.
I intend to port the MapMint source code to Python 3.x.

The link to my proposal is [2]. I would be happy to get your feedback
on the same.

I have requested the write access for the OSGeo wiki page. I will update
the details once the access is granted.

[1] https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/projects/#5980129887518720
[2]
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aZvDjXEysQFOOypwrKFCHbdXJMBThjQahzFFR3LkPA4/edit?usp=sharing