[SoC] GSoC 2019 Community Bonding Report - GVS Akhil - Implement Edward Moore's Algorithm, Breadth First Search and Binary Breadth First Search Algorithms in pgRouting

GVS Akhil gvs.akhil1997 at gmail.com
Sun May 26 16:27:41 PDT 2019

Hello everyone,

For an overview of my project and what I will be working on in the upcoming
months as part of the GSoC program, please refer to my Wiki Page
<https://github.com/pgRouting/pgrouting/wiki/GSoC-2019-Edward-Moore's-Algorithm,-Breadth-First-Search-and-Binary-Breadth-First-Search>
as
well as my previous email
<https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/soc/2019-May/004246.html>.

*Community Bonding Period Report*

I have performed the following tasks during the community bonding period:

   1. Introduced myself on the mailing list and requested for
   comments/feedback/discussion on the project.
   2. Interacted with the pgRouting community, mentors and fellow GSoC
   students on the Gitter <https://gitter.im/pgRouting/pgrouting> channel.
   3. Revised my notes from a pre-bonding period task
   <https://github.com/vicennial/GSoC-pgRouting/issues/2> about recommended
   C++ development practices.
   4. Added project details to the OSGeo Wiki Page
   <https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code_2019_Accepted> as
   well as created my own Wiki Page
   <https://github.com/pgRouting/pgrouting/wiki/GSoC-2019-Edward-Moore's-Algorithm,-Breadth-First-Search-and-Binary-Breadth-First-Search>
   for all project related details and reports.
   5. Finished setting up the local development environment and learnt the
   build process.
   6. Created a directory table
   <https://github.com/pgRouting/GSoC-pgRouting/issues/4> to understand the
   functions of the various directories and their constituent files in the
   source code.
   7. Neatly rewrote and compiled Vicky Vergara's explanation of file
   structure for functions as well as testing schema into a wiki page
   <https://github.com/pgRouting/GSoC-pgRouting/wiki/file-structure-for-a-function>
   .
   8. Helped review pull request #1201
   <https://github.com/pgRouting/pgrouting/pull/1201> and added
   questions/comments where possible.
   9. Created a dummy function "pgr_foo" on a separate repository branch
   named foo <https://github.com/vicennial/GSoC-pgRouting/commits/foo> with
   the help of the community.
   10. Added pgTap tests and document-related tests for dummy function
   "pgr_foo".
   11. Learnt the development practice of Continuous Integration and Travis
   CI. Made use of it to verify and test
   <https://travis-ci.org/vicennial/GSoC-pgRouting/builds> the pgr_foo
   function.

Thank you,