[SoC] GSoC 2020 - Develop CQL Filter implementation for pygeoapi - Coding Period Week 10 Report

Farheen Bano farheenbano94 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 9 11:58:40 PDT 2020

Hi Everyone,

This is my report for the period (August 3 - August 10). The updated report
can also be found at the project wiki page
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GSoC_2020_Develop_CQL_Filter_implementation_for_pygeoapi.
The forked repo of the project can be found here
https://github.com/FarheenB/pygeoapi

*What I have done during this period?*

   - Defined a plugin implementation of CQL for pygeoapi data providers.
   - Restructured filter class to be more clean and compact.
   - Changed the evaluation of CQL filter from traditional approach to
   lambda expressions for faster execution and concise coding.
   - Defined a function for evaluating *LikePredicateNode* of AST.
   - Defined a function for evaluating *NOT* operators in CQL filters.
   - Refactored the query() function of data providers.
   - Added more unit tests for CSV and GeoJSON data providers.
   - Fixed some minor issues in the code base.

*What am I going to achieve for next week?*

   - Define functions for evaluating ArithmeticExpressionNode,
   TemporalPredicateNode, SpatialPredicateNode, and BBoxPredicateNode of AST.
   - Implement CQL-lang as a parameter query.
   - Perform the evaluation of CQL Filter expressions for SQLite data
   provider.

*Are there any blockers?*

   - No blockers for now

Regards,