[SoC] GSoC 2020 - Coding Period Week 10 Report
gb_nedjima at esi.dz
Sun Aug 9 16:47:33 PDT 2020
This is my report for this week:
- Tasks done:
- Fix skybox rendering pull request github checks.
- Address skybox pull request reviews.
- The Skybox rendering feature was merged into the master QGIS branch.
- Experiment with how the wireframe rendering can be done.
- Found that we were able to display buildings wireframes by
disabling facades rendering and it was already implemented for mesh
- Discussed wireframe rendering with mentors and we concluded that
global wireframes rendering will take much more work than it deserves for
now so I needed to work on the next remaining features.
- Discussed shadow rendering with mentors and we decided to use
shadow mapping technique.
- Started converting Qt3D shadow mapping tutorial code from QML to
- Tasks to be done:
- Finish converting the Qt3D shadow mapping tutorial code to pure C++.
- Make separate classes for the frame graph used by the 3D view.
- Try to complete the shadow rendering feature.
- Blocking issues: None
Any suggestion or feedback is always welcome.
4th year computer science and engineering student.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the SoC