[SoC] GSoC 2020 - Coding Period Week 10 Report

BELGACEM NEDJIMA gb_nedjima at esi.dz
Sun Aug 9 16:47:33 PDT 2020

Hi,
This is my report for this week:

   - Tasks done:
      - Fix skybox rendering pull request github checks.
      - Address skybox pull request reviews.
      - The Skybox rendering feature was merged into the master QGIS branch.
      - Experiment with how the wireframe rendering can be done.
      - Found that we were able to display buildings wireframes by
      disabling facades rendering and it was already implemented for mesh
      terrains.
      - Discussed wireframe rendering with mentors and we concluded that
      global wireframes rendering will take much more work than it deserves for
      now so I needed to work on the next remaining features.
      - Discussed shadow rendering with mentors and we decided to use
      shadow mapping technique.
      - Started converting Qt3D shadow mapping tutorial code from QML to
      pure C++.
   - Tasks to be done:
      - Finish converting the Qt3D shadow mapping tutorial code to pure C++.
      - Make separate classes for the frame graph used by the 3D view.
      - Try to complete the shadow rendering feature.
   - Blocking issues: None

Any suggestion or feedback is always welcome.
Best wishes,

--
Belgacem Nedjima
4th year computer science and engineering student.