[SoC] Week 11 report: Creation of a new GRASS GIS startup mechanism
L.Kladivova at seznam.cz
Sun Aug 16 03:49:13 PDT 2020
I am sending my report for Week 11 (August 10-August 16). The report can
also be found in the project wiki: https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/GSoC/
1) What did I complete this week?
I finished implementing the very important PR which distinguishes mapsets by
ownership and lock (see https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/issues/714
grass/pull/849(https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pull/849)). I also fixed a bug
that appeared when a user wanted to display a map from a different location
grass/pull/886(https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pull/886)). Eventually, it is
not allowed to do that and a user needs to switch a mapset first.
Currently, there are 3 other PRs that are in the process:
* Start in a demo/startup location (see https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/
This issue was a bit broadened. It consists of not only creating a startup
location but also a startup mapset. This PR also gives the option to start
up whole GRASS GIS without the startup screen.
* Check for gislock and other issues when deleting/renaming/editing
mapset and location in catalog (see https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/
Almost done, just some smaller cosmetic changes. This PR creates new
checking functions that check both mapsets and locations when renaming/
* Switch to another mapset when in use (aka force remove lock) (see
Almost done, this issue offers an option to force the removal of the lock
and switch to the mapset anyway.
2) What am I going to achieve for next week?
I am gonna end up those above-mentioned PRs. Then, I am gonna reflect
changes, I made in Data Catalog, in GUI.
* Reflect changes done from Data Catalog in GUI and vice versa (see
* when map is renamed in data catalog while it is displayed, the layer
needs to be changed otherwise rendering fails
* when map is moved elsewhere in data catalog while it is displayed
* new map is created (this item needs to be expanded, there are
multiple ways a new map is created)
* current mapset/location is changed from menu
3) Is there any blocking issue?
No, it is not.
Any suggestions are welcome.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the SoC