[SoC] GSoC 2020 - Develop CQL Filter implementation for pygeoapi - Coding Period Week 11 Report

Farheen Bano farheenbano94 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 10:37:57 PDT 2020

Hi Everyone,

This is my report for the period (August 10- August 16). The updated report
can also be found at the project wiki page
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GSoC_2020_Develop_CQL_Filter_implementation_for_pygeoapi.
The forked repo of the project can be found here
https://github.com/FarheenB/pygeoapi

*What I have done during this period?*

   - Created CQLHandler interface for CQLParser and CQLEvaluator classes.
   - Defined CQLFilter class to provide a generic code base to all the
   providers to perform CQL filter evaluations.
   - Implemented CQL extension at provider level of collections.
   - Added provider's CQL extension in config file.
   - Added configuration of different CQL filter query language for
   providers.
   - Restructured CQL Openapi Document generation code.
   - Added more unit test cases to support provider level existence of CQL
   filter and Openapi Document generation.
   - Explored *shapely* and *fiona* packages to implement Spatial filters
   like "INTERSECTS", "DISJOINT", "CONTAINS", "WITHIN", "TOUCHES", "CROSSES",
   "OVERLAPS", "EQUALS", "RELATE", "DWITHIN" and "BEYOND" operations on
   collection feature set.
   - Defined "Point", "Line" and "Polygon" geometries for filter
   evaluations.
   - Defined a function for evaluating *SpatialPredicateNode* of AST.
   - Explored *pytz* package to implement Temporal filters like "BEFORE",
   "BEFORE OR DURING", "DURING", "DURING OR AFTER", "AFTER" on collection
   feature sets.
   - Defined a function for evaluating *TemporalPredicateNode* of AST.
   - Added test cases of spatial and temporal filters for CSV and GeoJSON
   providers.

*What am I going to achieve for next week?*

   - Develop a workflow for taking CQL filter query parameters in JSON
   format.
   - Perform the evaluation of CQL filter expressions for SQLite data
   provider.
   - Code refining and minor bug fixes.
   - Start preparing the documentation.

*Are there any blockers?*

   - No blockers for now.

*P.S* My online classes have started for the Autumn Semester. So I will
have to invest some time there. I have informed the same to my mentors.

Regards,
Farheen Bano