[SoC] Week 8 report: Creation of a new GRASS GIS startup mechanism

L.Kladivova L.Kladivova at seznam.cz
Fri Jul 24 00:50:33 PDT 2020

Hello Community,

I am sending my report for Week 8 (July 20-July 24). The report can also be
found in the project wiki: https://trac.osgeo.org/…dow
(https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/GSoC/2020/StartupWindow).

1) What did I complete this week?

I ended up a smaller PR repairing Delete action in Data Catalog (see ​
https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pull/789
(https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pull/789), ​https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/
issues/788(https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/issues/788)). Then I and my
mentors finalized bigger PR related to new actions in Data Catalog. The
first one adds Create New Location and Download Location actions to database
node in Data tab (see ​https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pull/790
(https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pull/790), ​https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/
issues/747(https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/issues/747)). The second one
allows the Delete action on multiple selected mapsets (see ​https://github.
com/OSGeo/grass/pull/795(https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pull/795), ​https://
github.com/OSGeo/grass/issues/791(https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/issues/791)
). There is also another PR that adds new icons to Data Catalog for actions
available in the context menu. Out of those actions Create new mapset was
managed (see ​https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pull/811
(https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pull/811), ​https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/
issues/800(https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/issues/800)).

2) What am I going to achieve next week?

I am gonna work on new icons available in the context menu: download sample
location, create new location, import into current mapset. There are also
other issues related to the Data Catalog I am gonna address:

   * Startup screen: Distinguish mapsets by ownership and lock (see ​
   https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/issues/714
   (https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/issues/714))
   * Check for gislock and other issues when deleting/renaming/editing
   mapset and location in catalog (​https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/issues/
   801(https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/issues/801))

3) Is there any blocking issue?
There is no technical stuff, however, I will be four days gone for my
holidays (25-28 June). From 29 June I will start to work on GSoC again and
do not have any other plans until the end of August.

Regards,
Linda Kladivova