[SoC] Week 3 report: Creation of a new GRASS GIS startup mechanism
L.Kladivova at seznam.cz
Sun Jun 21 01:04:44 PDT 2020
I am sending my report for Week 3 (June 15-June 21). The report can also be
found in the project wiki: https://trac.osgeo.org/…dow
1) What did I complete this week?
I have worked and completed two PRs related to Startup page:
* Startup GUI automatic detection of grassdata: make case independent
(https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pull/664), see https://github.com/OSGeo/
grass/issues/644(https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/issues/644)). Detects a
grassdata directory if present, but it does not detect GRASSDATA,
Grassdata, or any other possible combinations of cases. It should be
independent to allow for different cultures of case usage in file and
* Create grassdata automatically on the first GUI startup (see https://
I have also set up new PR related to CRS selection page (see https://github.
com/OSGeo/grass/pull/721, see https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/issues/706). I
am almost done with this PR.
2) What am I going to achieve next week?
I would end up last PR https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pull/721 related to
Location Wizard and also start to work on other issues related mainly to the
* Correct "list index out of range" error in the Console tab in GUI
after right-click on the database directory ("grassdata") node (root) in
the Data tab (see https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/issues/709)
* Add, rename and delete of Location and Mapset in Data catalog (see
* Distinguish mapsets by ownership and lock (see https://github.com/
* Add New Mapset action to the Data catalog (see https://github.com/
3) Is there any blocking issue?
I am sorry for not doing much work earlier this week, I was away one week
from home till this Wednesday.
Now, for the last three days, I have been trying to catch it up and next
week I will work harder. :)
I do not have any blocking issues.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the SoC