[SoC] GSoC 2020 - Enhancing ARScale and CloudAnchor support to the MapMint4ME Android Application- Coding Phase Week 5

aditi sawant aditisawant007 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 28 05:15:54 PDT 2020

Dear Community Members,
This is my report for Coding Period Week 5(June 22nd - June 28th).
Unfortunately, I lost one of my close relatives to Covid-19 this week, so I
wasn't able to do the coding work this week. I will certainly fill this gap
in next week’s work.
 Week 5 (22nd June- 28th June)  :

What I completed this week?

   -

   Made pull request to MapMint4ME/gsoc-2020 branch[1]
   -

   Pushed my implementation of Satellite information module on this new
   branch[2]
   -

   Discussed with mentors about how we can proceed with Task 1
   -

   After discussion with mentors we got to know, that there is no way we
   can store cloud anchors locally at present [3],[4]
   -

   ARKit allows to place 3d model accurately with respect to location but
   this is not possible with ARCore and Sceneform. So finally after discussion
   with mentors we will follow another approach for task 1
   -

   We will do AR Simulation. For this we will place a 3d object on the
   plane. Adjust its position, size according to the user's need. Accelerate
   or Rotate that object in the real world. We decided to follow this approach
   for task 1

What am I going to achieve for next week?

   -

   Start working on the plan mentioned above.
   -

   Start coding for task 1.

Is there any blocking issue?

   -