[SoC] Request to contribute in QGIS project through GSoC 2020

Ismail Sunni imajimatika at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 23:36:02 PST 2020

Hi BELGACEM,

For the QGIS 3D project, you can check this wiki page
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/wiki/Google-Summer-of-Code-2020-Ideas#qgis-3d-improvements.
After that, you can start preparing your proposal and share it with the
developer mailing list to get feedback.

Good luck!

Best regards.

On Mon, Mar 2, 2020 at 11:20 PM BELGACEM NEDJIMA <gb_nedjima at esi.dz> wrote:

> Hi OSGeo mentors,
>

> I am Nedjima Belgacem, fourth year computer science and engineering
> student at ESI-Algiers (Ecole superieur d’informatique), Algeria.
>
> I would like to work on QGIS project and improve QGIS 3D. I worked with
> geographical information systems before (ArcGIS) during one of the optional
> courses at my school. During the course I questioned the use of ArcGIS
> instead of the open source alternative QGIS and the answer was that ArcGIS
> have better 3D capabilities, so I would like to extend 3D features in QGIS
> so that I can hopefully convince the teacher to switch to QGIS.
>
> For my technical knowledge, I am proficient at C++ and python, I use QT a
> lot and have worked previously on 3D graphics using OpenGL and tried to
> implement my own crude graphics engine as a hobby project. Also, I
> participate in competitive programming regularly and have good problem
> solving skills.
>
> I would be very happy to contribute to this open source project in GSoC
> and beyond.
>
> I want to discuss the features in demand for the project and issues that
> need to be resolved with the potential mentors for this project to make a
> good proposal for GSoC.
>
> My GitHub profile : https://github.com/NEDJIMAbelgacem
>
> Thank you for this great opportunity, I hope I hear from you soon.
>

> Best regards,
>
> Nedjima

Ismail Sunni
Software Engineer