[SoC] [GSoC 2023] Community Bonding Period Report due by May 31 | Instructions for the report

Ashish Kumar ashishkr23438 at gmail.com
Sat May 27 03:16:36 PDT 2023

Dear OSGeo GSoC 2023 Contributors,

We hope you are having a great time interacting with your project community
and getting to know about the projects!

Thanks for following the instructions [1] and introducing yourselves to the
SoC list. We see that many of you have also created your project wiki page
and updated the GSoC 2023 Accepted Student's wiki page with your details
[2].

Please make sure that the wiki page URL directs to the wiki for your own
project and that the repository is correctly linked to the repository where
you will be working. The idea is that clicking on the wiki page URL in the
future should lead to the page containing a summary of your project, pull
request(s), and your week-by-week progress during the GSoC 2023 program.
You can create your project wiki page on either the OSGeo wiki or GitHub
wiki, with the former being recommended.

*If you have not done any of this yet, please do it as early as possible.
It is a key task of the Community Bonding period and could lead to
discontinuation of the project, if not completed.*

The Community Bonding period concludes on May 28, and it is expected from
all of you to send the *community bonding report before May 31
end-of-the-day*. It would be good to send it ASAP and not wait until the
last moment; sending it before the coding period starts would be even
better. We understand that this is short notice, hence we have set the hard
deadline at the end of this month.

The Coding Period officially begins the next week. Please note that every
week, *Sunday is the deadline for sharing your weekly reports* on the SoC
list, and it is *important to send them on time rather than wait for
results and send them with delay. The report should be sent to the mailing
list and updated on your Project Wiki page even if you did not perform any
coding.*

To ensure timely submission, we encourage you to prepare your report in
advance, have it reviewed by your mentors, and share it with the SoC list
[3] promptly. If applicable, you may also send it to your project's mailing
list (for example, [4]). For more details on what to include in your weekly
reports, please refer to [5]. For sample Community Bonding Report and
Weekly Report, you can refer [6] and [7].

Happy Coding!

Thanks & Best wishes,
OSGeo GSoC Administration Team

[1] https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/soc/2023-May/004998.html