[Spanish] Translation of "Field Guide to Humanitarian Mapping" to spanish

Pedro-Juan Ferrer Matoses pferrer at osgeo.org
Wed Apr 1 06:07:29 EDT 2009

Dear Sir or Madam,

My name is Pedro-Juan Ferrer, and I'm the Liaison Officer of the
Spanish Local Chapter of the OSGeo Foundation [1].

Yesterday we got notice of your manual "Field Guide to Humanitarian
Mapping", and immediately came to our attention, specially to our
Education Committee [2]. They are interested in translating the manual
to Spanish with the intention to spread this manual between the
Spanish speaking community.

As it is stated in the Copyright notice in page 1 of the manual, we
shouldn't have to ask permission to translate it, but every work of
the OSGeo Foundation is published under Creative
Commons-Attribution-Share Alike [3], so if we translate the manual,
and keep it under our wiki, it automatically will loose the "non
commercial" term of the original Copyright.

We wish to translate the "Field Guide to Humanitarian Mapping" to
Spanish, publish it in our wiki, and re license it under the CC-By-Sa
license [3] and we would be grateful if you could provide us with the
official position of Mapaction on this matter.

I can be contacted by e-mail at pferrer en osgeo.org

Yours Faithfully.

[1] http://es.osgeo.org
[2] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Educaci%C3%B3n_en_OSGeo-es
[3] http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.5/legalcode