[OSGeo-Standards] SVG Map Toolkit 0.7.0 released

Landon Blake lblake at ksninc.com
Thu Oct 9 10:04:43 EDT 2008

Lorenzo,

I agree that Satoru should have stated that his toolkit was closed source when he posted the download link. Since this is an OSGeo mailing list, that would have been appropriate.

However, I think it is important to encourage as much use of open technology standards (like SVG) in software as possible, even proprietary software. I believe we should welcome Satoru to discuss the use of SVG to present cartographic information on this list, while he exercises care to avoid using the list solely as a marketing tool.

But perhaps I am in the minority.

Landon