[OSGeo-Standards] [RESTful-Policy.SWG] [OAB] Encodings and REST

Andrea Aime andrea.aime at geo-solutions.it
Mon Oct 22 12:40:07 PDT 2012

On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 9:35 PM, xavier lhomme <lhomme.xavier at gmail.com>wrote:

> Sure reviewing Geoservices specification takes time but you could also
> experimenting it !

Not sure I got what you mean? Maybe build prototypes of the specification
to see
how difficult it actually is to create and use it?

That's something I'd really like to see, have some rough software
development done in parallel
to the spec development so that the spec leaders can get some feedback from
the trenches
about what actually works, and what does not.
It's something that I've heard quite a bit in OSGeo circles, in particular
that having to develop
a reference implementation after the spec is basically cast in stone does
very little
in terms of improving the spec itself.

Cheers
Andrea