[OSGeo-Standards] Follow up from OSGeo board meeting

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sat Oct 19 13:06:27 PDT 2013

Jody has some valuable ideas below, which I think we could make very
achievable.

It would be straight forward for us to extend the OSGeo-Live template to
describe the level of OGC standard certified an application is.

I'd suggest there could be three levels of description:
"OGC <Standard> <Version> Used": The Project uses an OGC standard, but
not run OGC CITE tests.

"OGC <Standard> <Version> Passed": The Project has run OGC CITE tests,
and believe they pass these tests.

"OGC <Standard> <Version> Certified": The OGC has certified an
application according to CITE.

I'd be interested to hear OGC thinking on this.