[OSGeo-Standards] INSPIRE tools inventory

Piergiorgio Cipriano pg.cipriano at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 10:10:44 PST 2014

Ciao Madi,
I'd suggest to classify INSPIRE FOSS solutions at least in the following
categories, according to INSPIRE Implementing Rules:

   - metadata (e.g. INSPIRE EUOSME)
   - data storage/management (e.g. PosgGIS)
   - data modeling (e.g. ??)
   - data mapping/transformation (e.g. HALE, deegree)
   - network services
      - metadata discovery (e.g. Geonetwork, CKAN)
      - view service (e.g. GeoServer, deegree, MapServer)
      - download service (idem)
      - schema transformation service (??)
   - clients (e.g. QGIS)
   - registry (e.g. INSPIRE re3gistry)