[OSGeo-Standards] OSGEO glossary in google spreadsheet...

rplews at tc211tmg.org rplews at tc211tmg.org
Sun Oct 20 17:52:02 PDT 2019

hello Cameron,

the name of the group is really what you and your fellow OSGEO
colleagues feel best conveys the work of the group. in ISO"
terminology" is used, but also "vocabulary" is an often heard. in our
group, i think for historical reasons we used "terminology." over the
close to 20 years the group has been active, i think there have been a
number of new fields of study or advances in IT which as given rise to
other names.  in tc211 our glossary is an "output" product of the
terminology repository, to which our members then add translations for
the terms.  from the work that has taken place over the years, i
guess i am more familiar with "terminology" and how we have been using
it in tc211.

as for the location of the wiki page, i am not really familiar with
OSGEO projects. after you have found a place for the group i will
start to add those items mentioned earlier.  just let me know the
location. if we need a group authorized before the page is created
then the current location can be used as content may be helpful as
background to the authorization process/requirements. it can always be
moved.

thank you,

reese