[Tilecache] Mapserver and TileCache Empty Images

Cecil M. Reid cm2reid at ccng.uwaterloo.ca
Thu May 29 12:15:14 EDT 2008

Hi,

I've a setup where mapserver is acting as a WMS with tilecache as the
front-end providing the tiling and caching mechanism.

The thing is with that setup, I cannot get any images or rather I get a
blank/transparent png file being created instead of the actual image of
the map.

I know mapserver is working as a WMS as I can get images from it directly
by doing a similar
http://<path>/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=the.map&SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.1.1&REQUEST=GetMap....

However, I cannot tell what's up with my tilecache return transparent
images.

Any help is appreciate.

Below is "tiling" section of my tilecache config file:

[testing]
type=WMS
url=http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=mapfile.map
layers=globalmap