[Ubuntu] Dependencies problem with ubuntugis-unstable on Trusty

Sebastiaan Couwenberg sebastic at xs4all.nl
Fri Jul 15 13:51:35 PDT 2016

On 07/15/2016 10:30 PM, Even Rouault wrote:
> geos was pre-installed due to postgis being pre-installed (postgresql-9.1-
> postgis-2.1,  postgresql-9.2-postgis-2.1 and postgresql-9.3-postgis-2.1 )
> (I'm not sure if the disabling of pgdg is needed. Was one of my first attempt,
> but not sufficient by itself)

Disabling pgdg is not strictly required because your packages to be
installed don't pull in conflicting dependencies. The problem was
strictly with the packages that were already installed.

postgis from pgdg is not compatible with the gdal package from
ubuntugis, this is a common problem and a good example of the problems
caused by using multiple 3rd party repositories which aren't properly
integrated with each other. I always recommend to only use your own 3rd
party repository in which you combine packages from the various
repositories to have them built as a coherent set.

Kind Regards,

Bas

--
 GPG Key ID: 4096R/6750F10AE88D4AF1