[OSGeo-UK] New Chair reminder and official instructions on applying

Jo Cook jocook at astuntechnology.com
Wed Oct 13 06:24:34 PDT 2021

Hi All,

Just a reminder that I will be standing down as Chair of OSGeo:UK at the
AGM on the 27th October, so we're looking for a replacement. I've said this
before, but it doesn't have to be an onerous role- most of the time it's
just about keeping the good ship OSGeo:UK sailing along nicely and ensuring
that the group meets the objectives in the constitution. Everything else
that you want to bring to the role is a bonus!

It's also a role that doesn't require a great deal of time commitment most
of the time, and it doesn't need much experience or open source
credentials, really we're just looking for someone with some energy and
enthusiasm.

Please take this as the formal announcement that we're looking for a Chair.
If you're interested, even if you've already reached out to me- please
state that you're willing to stand, in a public reply to this email. To
everyone else- we will require a second for each applicant, so please also
publicly state if you're willing to second an application.

We'll keep this open until 9am on the 27th October (eg the morning of the
AGM). We'll then figure out what we do if more than one person applies!

All the best

Jo

--
*Jo Cook*
t:+44 7930 524 155/twitter:@archaeogeek

products, conferences, events and training*
*
*

Astun Technology Ltd, 120
Manor Green Road, Epsom, Surrey, KT19 8LN, UK
t:+44 1372 744 009 w:
astuntechnology.com <http://astuntechnology.com/> twitter:@astuntech
<https://twitter.com/astuntech>

iShare - enterprise geographic