[OSGeo-UK] Fwd: FOSS4G UK advertising by AGI - introductions

Nick Bearman nick at geospatialtrainingsolutions.co.uk
Wed Nov 8 07:07:07 PST 2023

Hi All,

Richard Flemmings (AGI) has asked whether anyone is interested in
attending their breakfast round table in London, a precursor to AGI's
Geocom conference which runs on the same day from 09.00 to 17.00 on 5th
Dec. The theme is related to skills and competency within the geospatial
profession, which follows a skill survey that AGI published earlier this
year. We will have a wide range of stakeholders in the room (including
certification bodies, academia and industry) to discuss the current
status of skills within the profession, and it would be good to have
representation from the open geo community. Please do let me know if
this might be of interest, and I will arrange for an invitation to be
sent (it's running as part of our annual conference, Geocom).

Regarding further details about the breakfast roundtable, this will be
early at RGS (08.00am), as it's a precursor to AGI's Geocom conference
which runs on the same day from 09.00 to 17.00. It is really suited to
someone London based, as we won't be able to support an overnight stay
for breakfast roundtable attendees. However, we will be providing
complementary attendance at Geocom, which is £200 at a standard
non-member rate.

More details available from Richard, anyone interested please let him
and me know!

Best wishes,
Nick.

    --
    Nick Bearman
    +44 (0) 7717745715
    nick at geospatialtrainingsolutions.co.uk

    Due to my own life/work balance, you may get emails from me outside of normal working hours. Please do not feel any pressure to respond outside of your own working pattern.