[Web Comm] New Documents: Incubation and Committee Guidelines

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Sat Jun 24 21:42:01 EDT 2006

Arnulf Christl wrote:
>>    http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Official_IncCom_Documents_%28status%29
>
> Hi,
> I updated the Wiki page to reflect that the documents have been approved.
>
>> I'm not sure where they would fit on the public web site.
>
> Next thing we need to move the docs to the web site and point from the
> Wiki to the new location - probably the docs list of IncCom is most
> useful:
> https://incubator.osgeo.org/servlets/ProjectDocumentList
>
> I'd suggest to add them as simple HTML and just link them from docs &
> files. No PDF required here.

Arnulf,

OK, good idea.  I'll take care of moving them to the official incubator
web site.

> (Whats Cruise Control & Maven? Get rid of it or move to subfolder if
> anybody needs it)

Cruise Control and Maven are some sort of auto-build systems I believe.
Maven is used extensively by the GeoTools folks.

> We might want to add more links from other places later.

Agreed.

>> I'm happy to do some nuts and bolts work turning the incubation and
>> committee guidelines wiki pages into suitable HTML if so desired.  Does
>> it make sense to leave draft pages without links from the public pages
>> till the committee is happy with them?  Jason and I discussed how it is
>> a bit frustrating to have no development web site, and it seems that this
>> would at least make working on individual pages a bit easier before
>> publishing.
>
> You can tag docs as
>
>   <th>Status</th>
>     <select name="status">
>        <option value="Draft"
>         >Draft</option>
>        <option value="Reviewed"
>         >Reviewed</option>
>        <option value="Baselined"
>         >Baselined</option>
>        <option value="Stable"
>         >Stable</option>
>        <option value="Archival"
>         >Archival</option>
>        <option value="Obsolete"
>         >Obsolete</option>
>     </select>
>
> with default CN functionality. That should be fine.

I'm afraid I don't get what you mean.  Are you saying that if you put an
HTML <select> tag like the above in an html document on the collabnet
web site it has some special interaction with the collabnet infrastructure?