[Webcom] Re: [OSGeo] #166: Use of flags for languages in Drupal Portal

Tyler Mitchell tylermitchell at shaw.ca
Tue Nov 20 01:38:59 EST 2007

On 19-Nov-07, at 9:42 PM, Frank wrote:

>  I'm -0 on change for changes sake.

There have been some compelling arguments against the (mis)use of
flags and they've won me over.  Was it the poor wording of my motion
that made it sound like it was "change for changes sake"?  I see it
as addressing an international issue.  And very easily, I might add,
to uncheck a box and have it done.

>  I would suggest we just leave this as an agenda item for the next
> meeting.
>  There is not pressing rush.

I don't understand why this can't be discussed in the mailing list.
Putting it off until a meeting may be fine, but if we can't discuss
something this simple on the list, then we're true bureaucrats ;-)

> I'd add that motions should not be made in
>  tickets, they should be made on the mailing list or in meetings.

Are these tickets not being cc:'d to the mailing list?