[Webcom] Restructuring the wiki

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Jun 16 11:12:27 EDT 2008

Milo van der Linden wrote:

> Hello webcom members.
>
> Lately when querying for core figures about OSGeo (number of active
> members, events etc.) I discovered that the wiki structure can use some
> enhancement because of double entries, double information, trouble
> finding events etc.
> - - Make good use of the calendar extension and maybe calendar widget to
> show a calendar of all events on the main page.

Milo,

I'm not really too keen on the wiki being a goto-place for event listings
when we are attempting to address that via the events listing on the OSGeo
main page.

Your ideas seem good, but please keep in mind that the nature of the wiki
is that they are open to unstructured input from people not deeply steeped
in OSGeo wiki-culture.  That isn't I don't want us to setup methods that
depend on most contributors having a deep knowledge of our wiki editing
expectations.  I'm already somewhat bewildered by what I'm supposed to
being doing now for categories.