[Webcom] Restructuring the wiki

Milo van der Linden mlinden at zeelandnet.nl
Mon Jun 16 11:57:17 EDT 2008

Frank,

Thank you for your comment!

If the policy is that events be listed on the main page; then that is
the place they have to go. I totally agree on you.

I agree with keeping the wiki mainly unstructured; but in my opinion it
would be good if there is some sort of divisions in the wiki that is
more or less controlled like with forums where you have people that
restructure, move posts related to topic and so on.

Individual users with no knowledge of the structure should not be
hindered to post as they like. But I would like to get to a situation
where for instance; If I see someone post something that is related to
the Netherlands; I can add "Nederland" as a category and thus enhance
our little local chapter corner of the wiki ;-)

So please, stay bewildered and let others assign categories to your
posts as they like. You can for instance see that I spent about 30
minutes assigning OSGeo Members to the category "Board of Directors"
which is fine for me since I am somehow a control freak on that point ;-)

Kind regards,

Milo