[Webcom] Stuck on Website Migration

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Nov 8 16:08:27 EST 2011

Tyler / webcom,

Did we make a decision to go to the new theming?  I had assumed
there would be a vote or something before that happened.  Certainly
anyone pushing to go to the new theme had better be prepared to
fill in the missing content implied by the new theme.  I am personally
not keen on it though it is visually appealing.

Given the technical challenges of migrating our existing capabilities
I am wondering what the downside is of just migrating what we have
now on the existing version of Drupal.  In particular, I don't really want
the Service Provider Directory being lost because we lack the experience
to migrate the custom work to a new Drupal version.

I also don't want to lose the work folks have done on translations
I understood there is some complexity around translation mechanisms
in the new Drupal - is that right?

I have an interest in the website and am willing to do some work on
it, but I'm not a big Drupal guy so I am not in a position to do stuff that
is complicated.

Best regards,