[ZOO-Discuss] ZOO Kernel on WIN32

Gérald Fenoy gerald.fenoy at geolabs.fr
Wed Feb 24 02:01:18 PST 2010

Hi ZOO Tribe Members,
I would like to let you know that the WIN32 port of the ZOO Kernel is on the way.

In fact, cgic was successfully ported and works on WIN32 platform already, using our own modifications which let us support  fatscgi transparently. This first part works quite well.

Nevertheless after we've sucessfully compiled the ZOO Kernel on WIN32 platform, when We tied to run it from the Apache web server as a cgi script, it fails (from the command line the failure happens in the same place). The cgiMain function is defined in the zoo_loader.c file, this function uses the runRequest one defined as the following in the zoo_service_loader.c :

int runRequest(map* request_inputs)

In zoo_loader.c we had to put the function declaration also to be able to find the runRequest during the compilation process. As, at the ned of the compilation process we link all together needed object files (so also zoo_loader.obj and zoo_service_loader.obj) then the runrequest should be found in the final binary (an EXE file), but it seems that it wasn't.

the thing which make me say that this function wasn't found at runtime is that, if you comment the runRequest call from your ZOO Kernel, compiled in debug mode, then your ZOO Kernel will work without any failure. If you add at the first line of the runRequest function body a reuturn 0; then your ZOO Kernel will fail again.

I checked if it can be possible that I miss some DLLs int he same directory as where you run your ZOO Kernel, nevertheless dumpbin told me that everything is ok on this side (command dumpbin /dependents zoo_loader.cgi ).

I would like to know if somebody in the Tribe can help us on this specific issue to finalize the ZOO Kernel WIN32 port.

Hope to hear from you soon,
best regards,

Djay
Just a ZOO Tribe Member