[ZOO-Discuss] Problem with XML execute request

Gérald Fenoy gerald.fenoy at geolabs.fr
Tue May 3 19:14:27 PDT 2011

Dear Soeren and Luca,
Nice to hear from you.
Many thanks for your feedbacks.

My comments are inline, bellow.

I've compiled and deployed a fresh ZOO-Kernel, available here :
http://www.zoo-project.org/cgi-grass/zoo_loader_20110504.cgi .

Le 4 mai 2011 à 00:03, Luca Delucchi a écrit :

> 2011/5/3 Soeren Gebbert <soerengebbert at googlemail.com>:
>> Dear ZOO fellows,
>> i have a problem with XML execute requests. When sending WPS XML
>> execute requests using the latest ZOO SVN version the following
>> problems occur:
>
> [CUT]

The only way to reproduce this first bug was to send wrong XML data to ZOO-kernel,
which imply parsing error then this kind of response. For instance, if the first line of
the XML data sent is empty or there is preceding spaces before the leading XML
header.

You can run the content of this file from your command line (you'll need curl tool) :
http://zoo-project.org/zcfgs-grass/request_wrong_data.txt

So, depending on the way you send the XML POST data, it can failed.

ZOO-Kernel should give more relevant information message at this level. In such
a case, when the XML data failed to parse, ZOO-Kernel should explain why the
parsing failed, something similar to the following apache2 error log.

****
Entity: line 1:
parser
error :
XML declaration allowed only at the start of the document
  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?><wps:Execute service="WP
       ^
****

>> I use wps-grass-bridge and grass gis 7 as backend. The grass process
>> runs perfectly but the zoo kernel crashes while trying to deliver the
>> result.
>>

> I have the same problem....

I didn't notice any issue using your XML request, using the following setup :

   * zoo-kernel trunk rev 206
   * wps-grass-bridge trunk rev 61
   * grass trunk rev 45242

You can use the content of this file from the command line:
http://zoo-project.org/zcfgs-grass/request_grass_sample.txt

So this should not come from ZOO-Kernel, wps-grass-bridge or grass. Maybe, there
is some more info in the setup (zcfg files [1] used or GlobalGrassSettings.py - GGS [2]) ?
I think that we should take a look at the generated zcfg files. Please, can you give me
access to your v_voronoi.zcfg file ?

>> Here the wps-grass-bridge logfile:
>> http://www-pool.math.tu-berlin.de/~soeren/tmp/logfile.txt
>>

> mine http://lucadelu.org/zoograss/logfile_error.txt
>

>> Any help is greatly appreciated.
>>

> +1

Hope to hear from you, thanks for your help.

Best,

Gérald Fenoy
gerald.fenoy at geolabs.fr

[1] http://zoo-project.org/zcfgs-grass/<SERVICE>.zcfg where <SERVICE> is the