[ZOO-PSC] ZOO-PSC governance and voting

Gérald Fenoy gerald.fenoy at geolabs.fr
Fri Feb 19 06:21:56 PST 2010

Hi PSC,
I'm now voting, as expected.

Le 19 févr. 2010 à 05:58, Venkatesh Raghavan a écrit :

> Hi PSC members,
>
> I messed up. One question was redundant and
> my vote for one question was missing.
>
> Here it goes again. Sorry.
>
> Would like to call the ZOO-PSC as
> "ZOO Tribal Council".

+1 (I know it's not an item to vote for by I'm fully agree this name)

> Several things that require PSC approval have come
> up. Please vote as +1 (agree), -1 (not agree) and
> 0 (whatever) in the item listed below.
>
> Before listing the items, I would first off all
> like to convey the great news that "Practical introduction
> to ZOO, the Powerful WPS platform" Workshop has
> been selected by the local organizing committee
> for FOSS4G2010 in Barcelona. Gerald and Nick will
> be mainly doing the WS, but all help that could
> be extented by PSC to prepare and conduct the WS
> is most welcome.
>
> Items below for voting. My votes are shown below the
> item
>
> 1) Monthly PSC meetings on Skype starting form March
>     18th. I would like to propose meetings of
>     1 hour duration every third Wednesday (UTC Time)
>     at the following
>     UTC time
>
> Odd Months:
> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?year=2010&month=3&day=18&hour=22&min=0&sec=0
> Even Months:
> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?year=2010&month=4&day=21&hour=13&min=0&sec=0
>
> +1 Venka

+1

> 2) Mandatory requirement for all PSC to vote on issues.
>     If there is no voting recorderd over a period of
>     12 months, the non-voting member will retire form
>     PSC.
>
> +1 Venka

+1

> 3) ZOO-PSC ML (This list) open for subscription to
>     non PSC members.
>
> -1 Venka

-1 (as people can already follow the threads in the public archives, I think that it's enough for them to follow evolutions and discussions)

> 4) ZOO-PSC ML (This list) Archives to be made public.
>
> + 1 Venka

+1 (s Jeff said, OpenSource mean Open Communications of the whole chain)

> 5) ZOO-DISCUSS ML open for subscription to all.
>     (Presently needs approval of list admins)
>
> +1 Venka

+1 (obvious IMO)

> 6) ZOO-Discuss ML Archives to be made public.
>     (presently not public)
>
> +1 Venka

+1 (same as before)

> 7) ZOO-Booth at FOSS4G-2010.
>
> +1 Venka

+1 (obviously)

> 8) Funding for ZOO-Promotions in 2010,
>     booth sharing with ZOO-Partners etc to
>     be discussed in ZOO-PSC meeting scheduled
>     as below;
> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?year=2010&month=3&day=18&hour=22&min=0&sec=0
>
> +1 Venka

+1 (how to do and promote anything without money ?)

> 9) ZOO-Kernel and Documentation Version 0.1 to be
>      released under MIT/X11 License on 13 April 2010
> +1 Venka

+1

> Looking forward for your comments and votes ASAP.
>
> Best regards
>

> Venka

Sorry for no more comments, but lot of seems to be obviously accepted on my side so no much things to say on that points.

Djay
Just a ZOO Tribe Member
gerald.fenoy at geolabs.fr