[ZOO-PSC] Next PSC Meeting on 20th October 2010

Venkatesh Raghavan raghavan at media.osaka-cu.ac.jp
Sat Oct 2 00:14:39 PDT 2010

Hi All,

Anything that is simple and transparent is fine
with me. Registration an association etc. will
be a pain.

I agree with  Daniel about looking into what other
projects are doing.

Looking at the OpenLayers sponsorship levels at
http://openlayers.org/sponsorship/
and the GDAL/OGR
http://www.gdal.org/sponsorship.html

Guess we can use the same document too,
after some modification.

Both are the same, and I think GDAL is the earlier one

We have to reconsider our own sponsorship levels

Daniel Kastl wrote:

> I must admit, that I didn't think about this sponsorship very much yet, but
> what about offering sponsorship for certain implementations, so the sponsor
> can then directly pay to the developer or company to implement a certain
> feature?

That would not be "sponsorship" but a "contract" in which
case companies can directly pay to developer or company to
get their job done. In case of such "contracts" the
enhancements done to ZOO may or may not be shared with the
community.

In the case of sponsorship, the PSC will be managing the
funds. I think OSGeo Project Sponsorships are also managed
that way
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Project_Sponsorship

Best

Venka