[FOSS4G-Oceania] MOTION: ratify governance doc as Terms of Reference for a new committee

Daniel Silk dwsilk at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 15:49:07 PST 2018

I agree that the new suggestions should be reserved for a future update.

To address Alex's comment:

> I'm not sure that using "Board of Directors" is the right term. A board,
in my understanding, is a formal group. And a director is someone with
personal liability for the proper running of an organisation.

In this case, we have every intention of creating a formal group as laid
out in this terms of reference, with the responsibilities and expectations
listed. In the short interim we have an informal group with the same
responsibilities and expectations.

To temporarily have another set of people, titles and arrangements while we
work toward this only adds more overhead. We can delay appointing a
secretary until we know what the requirements are of the determined
organisation structure (e.g. secretary might be required to reside in a
specific state) but aside from that, I think we can and should continue to
move forward under these terms, and that's what I understand the +1s to be
in favour of over the weekend.