[OpenLayers-Users] How to Improve speed in IE when dealing with a lot of elements? Clusters?

Philip Bruvoll pbruvoll at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 8 03:34:17 EDT 2009

Hi, we have built an application with OpenLayers, and it seems we have too many elements in
the map for IE to handle properly (works ok in FF and Chrome).
Amongst other tings, we need to mark about 300 locations (and update their position from time to time). They should be selected on mouse-over
and trigger some functions on left and right click. Currently we are using a Vector-layer containing point-features.
I've had a look at the cluster example, http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/strategy-cluster.html.
Is this the best way to go, or are there any other ways of improving IE performance?
Any suggestions for gaining performance are welcome :)

Kind regards,
Philip Bruvoll