[QGIS-Developer] Changelog Maintainer

Tim Sutton tim at kartoza.com
Wed Jul 1 07:04:02 PDT 2020

Hi Richard

> On 1 Jul 2020, at 14:52, Richard Duivenvoorde <rdmailings at duif.net> wrote:
>
> On 7/1/20 9:22 AM, Charles Dixon-Paver wrote:
>> Hello everyone, Charlie here.
>>
>> As Tim mentioned I am a new set of hands working with Katoza and will be reviewing the changelog content going forward.
>>
>> I have been through the content for the 3.14 release and it should be good to go @Richard.
>>
>> I also wanted to take a moment and give a tip of the hat to all of you who have been involved with bringing a project like this to life. I believe there are countless others like me who never found/ made the time to be involved or took the opportunity to thank everybody for their contributions to something that provides a tremendous amount of value to such a large community of users.
>
> Hi Charles,
>
> THANKS!
>
> See: https://www.qgis.org/en/site/forusers/visualchangelog314/index.html
> Note: only english build for now, next full build this evening.
>
> This went very smoothly, only hickups was about some codeblock which ended up in one line.
>
> @All: please have a look and fix stuff (via github/rst) now or let me know.

Oh I found two small little things:

Rendering principle <https://www.qgis.org/en/site/forusers/visualchangelog314/index.html#rendering-principle>
Static dataset <https://www.qgis.org/en/site/forusers/visualchangelog314/index.html#static-dataset>
@Charles can you look at the mesh entry and change the markdown for those so they dont appear as heading 1 and thus category entries in the rendered HTML?

> If there are no objections, I will push the texts to Transifex later, so people can translate.
>
> One other remark: though VERY nice, the animated gifs become bigger and bigger every time:
>
> It's now 67Mb for 3.14 ( which is indeed packed with features :-) )

This is one of the longest changelings we every had, and as more people participate by adding screencasts I guess this is going to be a natural side effect….we can think on how to reduce it in future  - maybe generate thumbs always and require a click to see the animated GIF’s

Thanks so much Richard, Charles and all others who contributed to the changelog (and of course the devs who made the actual features :-P and the poor translators who will spend their time translating this).

Regards

Tim

> $ du -hs vis* | sort -rn
> 67M	visualchangelog314