[QGIS-Developer] Segmentation fault while compiling ui_DlgAddGeometryColumn.py

Denis Rouzaud denis.rouzaud at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 12:10:54 PST 2023

Can you try to only build qgis_core, pycore, pyqtcompat.
Then, from python, try to import qgis.core and see if you also get a seg
fault?

Cheers
Denis

On Thu, 16 Feb 2023, 20:45 afernandez, <afernandez at odyhpc.com> wrote:

> Yes, I'm cloning from the master branch.
>

> Denis Rouzaud wrote:
>

> Which commit are you building?
> A recent master?
>
> On Thu, 16 Feb 2023, 20:10 afernandez, <afernandez at odyhpc.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Denis,
>> The system was clean, a completely new installation without any previous
>> QGIS component. I could clean and try compiling again, but the compilation
>> itself takes between 4 and 5 hours. I think that nothing would change as
>> the starting point would be the same as previously. My thought is that I'd
>> need to make some modification before cleaning and recompiling.
>> Thanks,
>> AFernandez
>>
>> Denis Rouzaud wrote:
>>

>> Hi,
>> Can you make clean and build again?
>>
>> On Thu, 16 Feb 2023, 18:24 afernandez via QGIS-Developer, <
>> qgis-developer at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>> My compilation is failing towards the end with a segmentation fault
>>> error, which I cannot figure out:
>>> [ 85%] Linking CXX shared module ../output/python/qgis/_gui.so
>>> [ 85%] Built target python_module_qgis__gui
>>> [ 85%] Built target pygui
>>> [ 85%] Generating ui_DlgAddGeometryColumn.py
>>> Segmentation fault (core dumped)
>>> make[2]: ***
>>> [python/plugins/db_manager/CMakeFiles/zzz-db_manager-15-depend.dir/build.make:86:
>>> python/plugins/db_manager/ui_DlgAddGeometryColumn.py] Error 139
>>> make[2]: *** Deleting file
>>> 'python/plugins/db_manager/ui_DlgAddGeometryColumn.py'
>>> make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:8465: