[QGIS-Developer] Adding a plugin collaborator

Germán Carrillo carrillo.german at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 07:48:49 PDT 2023

Hi All,

last year in Firenze I contacted Richard by e-mail, and asked Alessandro
personally what was the rationale of the "Owners" field.

I had this use case in mind: add a person as contributor to allow him/her
to upload plugin versions. The "Author" field was already filled with the
organization we worked for. For some reason, I could not add him/her as a
maintainer (perhaps the maintainer is a single person or the field doesn't
appear in the edit form), and the field "Owner" sounded as if I worked for
him/her, which was not the case.

After some discussion with Alessandro, he found a more precise term for
describing what the 'Owner' field is for: and the term is "Collaborator",
which did fit perfectly with my use case.

See the proposed change here: https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Django/pull/254

Regards,

Germań

El jue, 22 jun 2023 a las 2:13, Richard Duivenvoorde via QGIS-Developer (<
qgis-developer at lists.osgeo.org>) escribió:

> Or maybe... the 'author' string of the metadata.txt is used as is.
> If you leave it, it will probably use the name from your
> credentials/ldap.
> But if you add more names there, it will be shown in the plugin
> dialog(s)
>
> Regards,
>
> Richard
>
> On 2023-06-22 09:08, Richard Duivenvoorde via QGIS-Developer wrote:
> > On 2023-06-22 06:34, Nyall Dawson via QGIS-Developer wrote:
> >> Hi list,
> >>
> >> This is possibly a stupid question -- but how can I add additional
> >> users as collaborators to a plugin via https://plugins.qgis.org/?
> >>
> >> I can see other plugins which have done this, but can't see any
> >> settings exposed in my plugins which permit me to add collaborations
> >> myself.
> >
> > As admin it it possible to change 'owners'. That is if the ownership
> > changes, I (or other admins) can do that in the plugins.qgis.org site.
> >
> > For metadata fields:
> >
> https://docs.qgis.org/3.28/en/docs/pyqgis_developer_cookbook/plugins/plugins.html#metadata-txt
> >
> > Not sure what you mean with collaborator?
> > Can you give an example of such 'collaborator'?
> >
> > Or if you let me know, I dan make a person 'owner' too...
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Richard Duivenvoorde

   |\__
(:>__)(