[Board] Sponsor NASA WorldWind student competition

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Mar 4 16:18:06 PST 2013

On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 1:28 PM, Michael P. Gerlek <mpg at flaxen.com> wrote:

> This is a good and timely request for us, as it serves as a test of our
> understanding of what came out of the F2F last week.

>  and (2) we (implicitly?) agreed to focus our $ on projects that help the
> foundation's goals more broadly, e.g. multiproject efforts.

Michael,

Hmm, I don't recall discussion of preference for multi-project efforts in
the call last week, though I do recall that being something written into
the "support for code sprints" document a couple years ago and that we
pretty much ignored when supporting the QGIS and GRASS sprints since then.

I do still do feel that an event that is multi-project is a better fit for
OSGeo funding than a single-project event but that is only a moderately
influencing criteria in my books.

warmerdam at pobox.com