[Conference-europe] [Conference-Europe-Private] Registration fee

Massimiliano Cannata massimiliano.cannata at supsi.ch
Wed Dec 10 01:58:43 PST 2014

Dear All,
I think that different rates depending on being "supporters" or "bussiness"
is not the way to go.
I believe that this is discriminatory and not fare, for example:

   -  a small enterprise with maybe only one or two people, should they pay
   higher fees?
   - if you are a "supporters" but work for a big company, then what you
   should pay?

I believe that a reasonable approach is to have different packages, so for
example:

   1. registration to conference
   2. registration to conference + silver package (special badge + T-shirt)
   3. registration to conference + gold package (special badge + T-shirt +
   boot)

In this way, you pay more to have more, not depending on your "status"

Maxi

>> Someone who has more experience with the OSM conference can probably
>> comment better, but I think you have a rate that is for supporters (people
>> active in the OSGeo community already), which is low (probably close to the
>> rates you have been suggesting already), and then a business rate, which is
>> maybe 3 times those other rates. I am not sure about the multiplication
>> factor that OSM uses, so the three times is just a guess / suggestion.
>>
>> 1000 or 2000 euros is too high IMHO.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Bart
>>

> I can't find this year in Buenos Aires but in 2013 (Birmingham) it was 80£
> versus 340£
>
> http://2013.stateofthemap.org/info/booking/
>

> --
> Jorge Sanz
> http://www.osgeo.org
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Jorge_Sanz
> GPG: 86F8 3EA0 BD19 0CA2 801D  4FB2 6B45 68E4 6FB2 D89D

*Massimiliano Cannata*

Responsabile settore Geomatica

Istituto scienze della Terra

Campus Trevano, CH - 6952 Canobbio