[OSGeo-Conf] "OSGeo Teach-in" event proposal

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at wheregroup.com
Mon Jun 23 08:00:16 EDT 2008

Edu,
the discussion around creating an "OSGeo Teach-in" brand or OSGeo-coordinated event may be interesting to this committee. If you are interested please feel free to join the discussion that has currently been taken on by the conference committee. I suggest you join the conference mailing list for the time being to avoid lots of cross mails.

It was initially discussed a little too hotly (my bad) and we are now trying to find a way how to decide which option works best for OSGeo and any interested businesses and to subsequently develop a policy on how to do it. Until now Edu has not been addressed directly but as tutorials, educational material, teaching courses, etc. are concerned I could imagine some interest here.

In case you don't know what I am talking about I have compiled some links to explain the background:

http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/board/2008-May/002444.html
http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/conference_dev/2008-June/000578.html
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Licenses_for_Education_Material
http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/conference_dev/2008-June/000580.html