[FOSS4G-Oceania] limited single-day registration?

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 21:01:51 PDT 2018

We previously talked about allowing a presenter to attend the the time
block around their presentation, including before and after breaks, for
free. I think we should offer that option to her.

Otherwise, I'd be ok with a once off payment for the day.

On 31/10/18 2:47 pm, Daniel Silk wrote:
> We could just offer one of the other existing discounted tickets like
> student or community contributor?
>
> On 31/10/2018, at 4:44 PM, Edoardo Neerhut <ed at mapillary.com
> <mailto:ed at mapillary.com>> wrote:
>
>> I rather treat this as a one off case keep the conference
>> registration as it is now. I think adding the option adds too much
>> complexity.
>> Agree it makes sense to be flexible with her though.
>>
>> If there are a deluge of request, then maybe it warrants further
>> consideration.
>>

>> On Wed, 31 Oct 2018 at 14:29, John Bryant <johnwbryant at gmail.com
>> <mailto:johnwbryant at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>>     Hi all,
>>
>>     We have a speaker who is unable to attend part of the conference
>>     because she is attending the R unconference
>>     <http://ozunconf18.ropensci.org/> on 22-23 November, which
>>     conflicts with ours. She is speaking on Wed 21st, and is able to
>>     give her presentation.
>>
>>     She would like to attend on the day she's speaking, and has asked
>>     if there is a 1 day rego option. You'll recall this has come up
>>     in conversation several times, but we haven't made any moves on
>>     this... probably because if we opened that up, it would add some
>>     administrative burden, which we're carefully balancing with our
>>     ability to manage.
>>
>>     But I wonder if there would be any appetite here to open up a
>>     limited 1-day rego option, for speakers only, which would allow
>>     us to make an exception in this case. There are very few speakers
>>     left who haven't registered, so this would be a very rare
>>     exception, quite likely the only one.
>>
>>     Personally, given that she is interested in attending but has a
>>     genuine conflict, and is a presenter, I think it would be nice to
>>     find a way to welcome her to the conference (without insisting
>>     that she pay full registration when she can only attend half of
>>     the event). But there may be other views here.
>>
>>     What do you think?

Cameron Shorter
Technology Demystifier

M +61 (0) 419 142 254