[gdal-dev] opendap on Windows

Christopher Condit condit at sdsc.edu
Mon Sep 29 12:54:44 EDT 2008

Hi Michael-
> I'm using this installer:
> http://www.opendap.org/pub/binary/libdap/win32/libdap_3.8.2.exe
> Is there something obvious that I'm missing?  It seems from some
recent
> tickets that Opendap 3.8.2 has been included successfully on Windows.
> Does this only work when building Opendap from source?
There are some pieces that you'll need to grab separately. I think
they're all bundled in:
http://www.opendap.org/pub/binary/libdap/win32/OPeNDAP_Tools_1.1.exe

In particular I think you'll need the include files for xdr, curl, and
pthreads (bundled in the above installer). I ended up copying them to my
libdap\include directory for ease of use.

> There seems to be a simple error in  [GDAL]/nmake.opt, where the
> DODS_LIB
> path needs an extra underscore. I assume the version "DODSDIR" is used
> in
> subsequent make options for referring to the actual frmts/dods
> directory?
Correct. The makefile for the drivers uses "DODSDIR" to refer to the
directory.

-Chris

Christopher Condit
San Diego Supercomputer Center