[GeoNode-devel] Customize Geonode Search Based on New Fields

Ran L. kula009 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 10 16:01:33 PDT 2019

Hello,

I have some questions regarding extending Geonode's search functionalities:

I've added a few new text fields to the resource_base table, and would like
to search for layers based on the new metadata fields. By default I can
only search by layer names using the "search by text" box in the "Explore
Layers" page, which needs to be extended.

After doing some research, I realized that there might be a few things to
fix:
1. resourcebase_api.py
2  search.js
3. some html pages

For 1 and 2, could someone point out which lines I need to modify?  There
are hundreds of lines that make me feel lost quickly when checking the
scripts.

Also, my Geonode is running in the form of Geonode project, so I cannot
modify the above files directly. Where in the my_geonode folder should I
place the copies of the files, so the original ones can be overwritten?  I
tried to place a modified search.js in /my_geonode/my_geonode/static/js but
got no effect.

Any guidance or advise would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Ran