[GeoNode-devel] GNIP-64 Status and Plan

Tobias Schulmann tobias at catalyst.net.nz
Wed Nov 20 11:44:54 PST 2019

Thanks Travis!

> > * Is the plan still to land dependency updates into master before
> > jumping to Python 3? Does the project prefer Merge Requests under
> > issue #4276, or should we create github issues for each task?
>
> * That was the plan as I wrote it, but if there is a different way
> you want to do it, I don't mind. It was just a guideline, not a rule
> - with the spreadsheet laying out groups of tasks it will be easier
> to work them in parallel I think. I am unsure about the second
> question and defer to longer members of the community.
It's a good plan, was just making sure we're not doing the wrong thing.

> * I'm not sure the difference of this to the previous question, but
> how I imagine doing it is creating a main "python3-update" branch,
> and merging each "python3-update-dependency" branch in when it the
> dependency is updated for Python 3.7+ compatibility and confirmed
> working. In this case, I would imagine "python3-update" to
> continually rebase off master to keep it up to date; however, maybe
> just using master itself is better if this is the community's main
> task right now.
I'm not sure which approach is the best here, would be good to get
guidance on. We have a few dependencies ready to go that we'd love to
create MRs for :-)

> * This one is not for me to say :)
I'm a bit worried about creating and maintaining a fork, but happy to
go with whatever the community decides :)

- Tobi