[GeoNode-devel] GNIP-64 Status and Plan

Travis Brundage travislbrundage at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 09:15:50 PST 2019

Hey Tobias,

Glad to hear about upcoming contributions. I will try to answer some of
your questions:
* That was the plan as I wrote it, but if there is a different way you want
to do it, I don't mind. It was just a guideline, not a rule - with the
spreadsheet laying out groups of tasks it will be easier to work them in
parallel I think. I am unsure about the second question and defer to longer
members of the community.
* I'm not sure the difference of this to the previous question, but how I
imagine doing it is creating a main "python3-update" branch, and merging
each "python3-update-dependency" branch in when it the dependency is
updated for Python 3.7+ compatibility and confirmed working. In this case,
I would imagine "python3-update" to continually rebase off master to keep
it up to date; however, maybe just using master itself is better if this is
the community's main task right now.
* This one is not for me to say :)

Cheers,
Travis