[GeoNode-devel] Important communication regarding the future of development branches

Alessio Fabiani alessio.fabiani at geo-solutions.it
Thu Mar 4 07:25:43 PST 2021

Dear devs,
branches created on:

- geonode {3.2.x, 3.1.x}
- geonode-project {3.2.x, 3.1.x}

deprecation messages put on:

- geonode {3.x}
- geonode-project {3.x}

documentation updated

- documentation {master --> 3.2.x; 3.x --> 3.1.x}

Moreover:

geonode/geonode-project 3.2.x now point to geonode-mapstore-client 2.1.x

*WARNING 1: DO NOT USE MASTER BRANCH, IT WILL BE HIGHLY UNSTABLE*

*WARNING 1: BUILD AND DEPLOYMENT TESTS STILL TO BE DONE ON NEW BRANCHES
3.1.x; 3.2.x *

Il giorno mer 3 mar 2021 alle ore 17:08 G. Allegri <
giovanni.allegri at geo-solutions.it> ha scritto:

> [...]
>    and will become* the development branch for the version of GeoNode in
>    the current shape*.
>    - *master: * the long-term development, where the the work briefly
>    mentioned above will be done
>
> A *3.1.x branch* will also be created for any critical fix to the current
> stable (GeoNode 3.1).
>
> Any fix or improvement that can be shared between the 3.x.x branches and
> master should be kept aligned through backporting, but master could become
> highly unstable during the upcoming months.
> For these reasons we are also planning the setup of a stable demo site,
> which will track branch 3.2.x.
>
> Alessio will prepare branches 3.1.x, 3.2.x soon. We will take care to
> update any reference between the projects (e.g. geonode-project) so that we
> will have a consistent stack of stable branches along with the development
> ones (master).
> The critical branch will be 3.x, which is currently used for bug fixing on
> 3.1. Developers must be aware of this change, since the moment 3.2 will be
> released 3.x. will immediately advance to that commit (==3.2.x).
>
> I hope I was able to explain the plan clearly. Of course this thread is
> meant to let anybody ask questions or share any concern about this plan.
>
> Best,
> Giovanni
>
> --
> ==
> GeoServer Professional Services from the experts! Visit
> http://goo.gl/it488V for more information.
> ==
>
> Dott. Giovanni Allegri
> Senior Project Manager
>
> GeoSolutions S.A.S.
> Via di Montramito 3/A
> 55054  Massarosa (LU)
> Italy
> mob.: +39 345 2815774
> phone: +39 0584 962313
> fax:      +39 0584 1660272
>
> http://www.geo-solutions.it
> http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it

> Con riferimento alla normativa sul trattamento dei dati personali (Reg. UE
> 2016/679 - Regolamento generale sulla protezione dei dati “GDPR”), si
> precisa che ogni circostanza inerente alla presente email (il suo
> contenuto, gli eventuali allegati, etc.) è un dato la cui conoscenza è
> riservata al/i solo/i destinatario/i indicati dallo scrivente. Se il
> messaggio Le è giunto per errore, è tenuta/o a cancellarlo, ogni altra
> operazione è illecita. Le sarei comunque grato se potesse darmene notizia.
>
> This email is intended only for the person or entity to which it is
> addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or
> otherwise protected from disclosure. We remind that - as provided by
> European Regulation 2016/679 “GDPR” - copying, dissemination or use of this
> e-mail or the information herein by anyone other than the intended
> recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email by mistake, please
> notify us immediately by telephone or e-mail.

==

GeoServer Professional Services from the experts! Visit http://goo.gl/it488V
for more information.
==
Ing. Alessio Fabiani

@alfa7691
Founder/Technical Lead

GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via di Montramito 3/A - 55054  Massarosa (LU) - Italy
phone: +39 0584 962313
fax:     +39 0584 1660272
mob:   +39 331 6233686