[GeoNode-devel] GeoServer PROXY_BASE_URL setting

Pattara Kiatisevi pattara at longdo.com
Sat Jun 11 03:28:39 PDT 2022

In geonode/geoserver docker, the option seems to be already on.

 877086 ?        Ssl    1:15 /usr/local/openjdk-8/bin/java
-Djava.util.logging.config.file=/usr/local/tomcat/conf/logging.properties
-Djava.util.logging.manager=org.apache.juli.ClassLoaderLogManager
-Djava.awt.headless=true -Xms2G -Xmx4G -XX:+UnlockDiagnosticVMOptions
-XX:+LogVMOutput -XX:LogFile=/var/log/jvm.log
-XX:PerfDataSamplingInterval=500 -XX:SoftRefLRUPolicyMSPerMB=36000
-XX:-UseGCOverheadLimit -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseParNewGC
-XX:ParallelGCThreads=4 -Dfile.encoding=UTF8
-Djavax.servlet.request.encoding=UTF-8
-Djavax.servlet.response.encoding=UTF-8 -Duser.timezone=GMT
-Dorg.geotools.shapefile.datetime=false -DGEOSERVER_CSRF_DISABLED=true
-DPRINT_BASE_URL=http://geoserver:8080/geoserver/pdf
-DALLOW_ENV_PARAMETRIZATION=true
-Xbootclasspath/a:/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/geoserver/WEB-INF/lib/marlin-0.9.3-Unsafe.jar
-Dsun.java2d.renderer=org.marlin.pisces.MarlinRenderingEngine
-Djdk.tls.ephemeralDHKeySize=2048
-Djava.protocol.handler.pkgs=org.apache.catalina.webresources
-Dorg.apache.catalina.security.SecurityListener.UMASK=0027
-Dignore.endorsed.dirs= -classpath
/usr/local/tomcat/bin/bootstrap.jar:/usr/local/tomcat/bin/tomcat-juli.jar
-Dcatalina.base=/usr/local/tomcat -Dcatalina.home=/usr/local/tomcat
-Djava.io.tmpdir=/usr/local/tomcat/temp
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap start

However, creating a geoserver-environment.properties file in the data_dir
(/geoserver_data/data/) with contents like this doesn't seem to work.
PROXY_BASE_URL=https://marine2.longdo.com/

Another way I could mount the web.xml file as external volume?

Any hints are appreciated,
Pattara