[GeoNode-devel] Update (re-upload) to existing layer in GeoNode

Giovanni Allegri giovanni.allegri at geosolutionsgroup.com
Tue Oct 11 02:31:05 PDT 2022

Hi Pattara,

At the moment this feature is only partially developed, and it's only
available through the upload API for some file formats.
During the recent development for the new importer (that you know quite
well) we introduced a mechanism to support data replacement, which also
required an improvement to Geoserver. This feature still needs some work
though, including exposing it through the client.

Giovanni

On Tue, Oct 11, 2022 at 11:12 AM Alessio Fabiani <
alessio.fabiani at geosolutionsgroup.com> wrote:

> I would suggest updating the layer on GeoServer first and, eventually, run
> the management command "updatelayers -f <layer_name>" on GeoNode.
>
> On Tue, Oct 11, 2022 at 10:59 AM Pattara Kiatisevi <pattara at longdo.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Geonode-devel,
>>
>> Is it possible to re-upload the file into an existing dataset so that the
>> whole content of the dataset is replaced by the new uploaded content?
>>
>> The idea is to have the layer with the same name updated with the new
>> content.
>>
>> I've tried deleting the layer and re-upload the data and found that I
>> have to also delete all the dependencies (i.e., maps that use that dataset)
>> before the new layer can be uploaded and use the same name.
>>
>> Any hints are appreciated.
>>
>> Thank you very much,
>> Patara

> Regards,
>
> Alessio Fabiani
>
> ==
> GeoServer Professional Services from the experts!
>
> Visit http://bit.ly/gs-services-us for more information.
> ==
>
> Ing. Alessio Fabiani
>
> @alfa7691
> Founder/Technical Lead
>

> GeoSolutions Group
> phone: +39 0584 962313
>
> fax:     +39 0584 1660272
>
> mob:   +39  331 6233686
>
> https://www.geosolutionsgroup.com/
>
> http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it

> Con riferimento alla normativa sul trattamento dei dati personali (Reg. UE
> 2016/679 - Regolamento generale sulla protezione dei dati “GDPR”), si
> precisa che ogni circostanza inerente alla presente email (il suo
> contenuto, gli eventuali allegati, etc.) è un dato la cui conoscenza è
> riservata al/i solo/i destinatario/i indicati dallo scrivente. Se il
> messaggio Le è giunto per errore, è tenuta/o a cancellarlo, ogni altra
> operazione è illecita. Le sarei comunque grato se potesse darmene notizia.
>
> This email is intended only for the person or entity to which it is
> addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or
> otherwise protected from disclosure. We remind that - as provided by
> European Regulation 2016/679 “GDPR” - copying, dissemination or use of this
> e-mail or the information herein by anyone other than the intended
> recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email by mistake, please
> notify us immediately by telephone or e-mail.

==

Visit http://bit.ly/gs-services-us for more information.
==

Dott. Giovanni Allegri