[GeoNode-users] SRC not established from *.prj. Non admin Users can´t select SRC of layers they upload.

Ariel Neri ariel.neriw at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 06:24:54 PDT 2017

Hi, i´m using Geonode 2.6. Neather I, nor the users of our geonode portal
could find the way to establish the correct SRC on their layers (I thought
they could from the metadata edition section but i was wrong), apart from
the admin interface or Geoserver UI.
When a new shapefile is uploaded, a default SRC is set (40400), no matter
what the *.prj inidcates. Only EPSG:4326 shapefiles are set correctly (most
of our work is on UTM). Is this a miss-configuration on our GeoNode or
that´s the way it works?
If it´s a local problem, would you indicate what files should i search for
the problem?

At the moment i´m correcting that from Geoserver UI, but it would be very
usefull if non-admin users could do it themselves on their layers.

Thanks