[GeoNode-users] Customizing Geonode (Installed via apt-get) from Geonode-project Dev (Installed via Python Virtualenv)

Julierme Pinheiro juliermeopensourcedeveloper at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 10:04:26 PDT 2018

Hi Dave Kennewell,

First of all, thank you very much for your prompt reply.

I understood your highlights. And going back to your questions:

*The next steps to "fix" this depends on which database you want to use
long-term?*

The postgresql database used by my Geonode (installed via apt-get) is my
production database and I want to keep it.

*Does this sound right or do you think it is something else? *

I think you are right and how I could set my database to be Geonode
(apt-get) the long-term? Should this change be done through the wsgi.py?

My long-term database configuration installed via apt-get is set in the
/etc/geonode/local_settings.py.

My wsgi.py and local_settings.py in Geonode-Project (installed via Python
virtualenv), in the other hand, are available in
/etc/julierme_virtualenv/my_geonode/my_geonode/my_geonode/

So, how can I keep postgresql (long-term) installed via apt-get while I
change geonode.conf in order to use the layout of Geonode-Project?

Thank you very much for your time.

I appreciated it.

Julierme